· Learned and worked in his father’s dental lab from his early teens
· Completed his dental training at the University of Detroit, at age 23, as the youngest graduate in his class
· Completed his post-doctoral specialty training at Tufts University, Post-Graduate Prosthodontics
· Earned his Masters in Public Health at UCLA – focusing on issues of quality of dental care, appropriateness of treatment, clinical decision-making, and longevity of fillings and crowns
· Full time faculty – dividing his time between teaching Prosthodontics, research, and taking care of his own patients:
· University of Florida in Gainesville (5 yrs)
· UCLA (visiting faculty 2 yrs)
· University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill (5 yrs)
· Part time faculty - teaching Prosthodontics
· University of Detroit (2 yrs)
· Harvard University (1 yr)
· Tufts University Post-Graduate Prosthodontics (14 yrs)
· Authored over 50 articles, abstracts and book chapters
· 610+ Google Scholar Citations
· Past manuscript reviewer:
· Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA)
· Journal of Dental Education (JDE)
· Lectured in the US, Canada and Australia to general dentists and specialists
· Professional Memberships:
· American College of Prosthodontists
· Academy of Biomimetic Dentistry
· American Dental Association
· American Academy of Laser Dentistry (past)
· American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (past)
· Past Board Member:
· Academy of Computerized Dentistry of North America
· New England Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
· Early adopter of appropriate dental technologies, as well as working with companies to help refine and evolve their systems:
· CEREC – earliest dental CAD/CAM systems that pioneered the “crown in a day” concept
· 3M COS – first digital impression system that eliminated the “mouth-full of goop” for taking molds of teeth
· Solea (Convergent Laser) – has worked with the company for over 7 years in the development and refinement of the first laser that is starting to replace the dental drill
Richard Senatore DMD, FICOI, FAGD
Born in Johannesburg, South Africa, Richard graduated magna cum laude from the University of Massachusetts with degrees in chemistry and biochemistry & molecular biology. He continued his studies at the Harvard School of Dental Medicine, where he received his DMD. Dr. Senatore then completed his general practice residency at the VA Hospital in Baltimore, MD.
He enjoys and excels in providing comprehensive dental care for his patients, doing all the procedures that you have come to expect from our practice. In addition, Dr. Senatore is Invisalign certified, works with patients who have sleep apnea, and/or TMJ discomfort, and has earned fellow status in both the International Congress of Oral Implantologists and the Academy of General Dentists, which few dentists ever attain. He was also recently recognized as a 2018 Boston Top Dentist.
Dr. Senatore lives in Boston, is an avid runner and skier, and can often be found running along the Charles River.
Ellen Connors – Practice Manager
Born and raised on the West Coast, Ellen transplanted herself to Needham in 1998. Her dental career started with Dr. Maryniuk as an assistant, and evolved to her current capacity as a treatment facilitator and office manager. Ellen is the glue that holds our practice together, making sure our office runs smoothly and efficiently. A great distributor of copious hugs and kind words; her sensitivity and generosity towards patients and team are inspiring. Ellen’s priority, is to ensure that we continuously give the kind of exemplary service and care that our patients rave about.
When she is not working, Ellen loves to garden, travel, and spend quality time with her dog Coco.
Katie Duggan, RDH – Hygienist
Katie grew up in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and moved to Boston in 2016. She has a bachelors in Psychology and Sociology from the University of Central Florida and received her Dental Hygiene degree from the Forsyth School of Dental Hygiene. When not in our office, Katie works part time in a Pediatric and Special Needs practice. She is passionate about continuing education and actively participates in a study group looking at the relationship of oral and overall health. Her goal is to make every patient feel comfortable while also educating them about their health.
Outside of work, Katie enjoys spending time with family and friends, weekend trips to the cape, baking, and trying new restaurants!
Vanessa Lopes – Patient Ambassador
Vanessa is originally from Brazil, moving to Boston with her family in 1998. She is fluent in both English and Portuguese. Vanessa is our patient ambassador. Patients are always welcomed with a warm friendly smile and pleasant conversation. She earned her dental assisting certification in 2010. She has used every opportunity to expand her dental knowledge and applies them in patient care. Her team support is invaluable, facilitating the smooth running of the the office. Vanessa enjoys spending time with family and friends. In her free time, she loves trying out new recipes, and creating some of her own.